Northern California Medical Associates and Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital of St. Joseph Health are pleased to again jointly host the annual Physician Regional Spring Symposium in Santa Rosa, Calif. on April 6, 2019. The program will begin at 8 a.m. with registration and breakfast beginning at 7:15 a.m. The day-long symposium will be held at Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country, 170 Railroad Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95401.
This annual symposium is attended by physicians from the greater North Bay Area and will include a number of Santa Rosa-based physicians presenting on medical topics for continuing medical education credits. The symposium’s keynote speaker is Christina Maslach, PhD, professor of psychology, University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Maslach will discuss the state of physician burnout.
The event will begin with welcoming remarks from Tucker Bierbaum, MD, medical director, Regional Referral Program, Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, and Thomas E. Dunlap, MD, FACC, FACP, president, Northern California Medical Associates; regional director, Cardiac and Vascular Services, Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital Heart and Vascular Institute; and medical director, HeartWorks Cardiac Rehabilitation Program of Santa Rosa. Dr. Dunlap will additionally share the latest physician demographics and will provide context on how they shape healthcare in the North Bay Area region.
Presenters from Northern California Medical Associates include:
- Ali Yassen, MD, NCMA Cardiology — Fountaingrove, speaking on same-day cardiac stent placement.
- Vishal Patel, MD, will lead a panel on structural heart procedures. Joining Dr. Patel on the panel will be Ashwani Bedi, MD, NCMA Cardiology — Fountaingrove and Patrick S. Coleman, MD, FACC, FACP, vice president, Northern California Medical Associates and director, NCMA Cardiology — Fountaingrove. Dr. Coleman will include an update on Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
- Yuichiro Nakai, MD, director, NCMA Endocrinology and Diabetes Center, will host breakout sessions on endocrinology & diabetes.
- Shazah Khawaja, MD, FACOG, director, NCMA Women’s OB/GYN Center, speaking on “Endometriosis: The pain and impact on women’s’ lives.”
- Elizabeth Cedars, MD, NCMA Otolaryngology / Head & Neck Surgery / Ear, Nose & Throat, speaking on managing hearing loss.
Additional presenters at this year’s symposium include:
- Giac Consiglieri, MD, St. Joseph Health Medical Group. Dr. Consiglieri will present “Brain and spine tumor program: A multi-specialty approach,” and “Management of low back pain and sciatica: Neurological perspective for the primary care / ED doctor.”
- “Kyphoplasty for treatment of vertebral compression fractures” will be presented by Michael Caccavale, MD, and Raymond Conway III, MD, Redwood Radiology Group.
- “Pediatric patients and vaccination hot topics” will be presented by Heather Iezza, MD, St. Joseph Health Medical Group.
- “Radiation oncology update: No you won’t become the Hulk / Managing and minimizing side effects in patients who are living longer with cancer” will be presented by Anna Paulsson, MD, St. Joseph Health Medical Group.
For more information:
Contact: Julian Rogers, Marketing Director