A comprehensive approach for relief from allergies
Visit the Allergy Center at NCMA Otolaryngology / Head & Neck Surgery / Ear, Nose & Throat and discover a clear solution to your allergies from our collaborative team of board-certified otolaryngologists and allergy specialists. Our physicians are members of the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy.
- Comprehensive allergy testing
- Quick test results (within the hour)
- Immunotherapy (allergy shots)
Allergy testing and treatment
Allergies happen when your body’s immune system reacts to substances that wouldn’t cause a reaction in most people. Your immune system “misreads” something that is otherwise completely harmless. At the Allergy Center we test for 40+ inhalant allergens that are common to the area, such as trees, grass, weeds, molds, dust mites, animals, and more. We then advise you on the options you have in treating your allergies.
If you and your doctor decide that immunotherapy is the best option for treating your allergies, we will take you through that process. In order to change a person’s immune system to stop over-reacting to allergens, we use gradual desensitization by injecting extracts of those allergens. Normally those injections are given once a week for a number of months and then we begin to slow down to bi-monthly and eventually to just once a month. The goal is to make you feel better while cutting back or eliminating your allergy medications.
NCMA Otolaryngology / Head & Neck Surgery / Ear, Nose & Throat
- Stefan Zechowy, MD, Otolaryngologist
- Mark Homicz, MD, Otolaryngologist
- Stephanie Su Huang, MD, Otolaryngologist
- Elizabeth Cedars, MD, Otolaryngologist
- John Jarvis, PhD, Audiologist
- Kristin Kline, AuD, Audiologist
- Jayme Fellores, AuD, Audiologist
- Denise Martin, Clinical aesthetician
- Heather Anderson, LVN, Allergy clinic manager & nurse
1701 Fourth Street, Suite 120
Santa Rosa, CA 95404