Applying for a job?
Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
Northern California Medical Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Patient Service Representative
Clinic: NCMA Orthopaedics — Healdsburg
Location: Healdsburg, Calif.
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Provides administrative support and is the first point of contact for patients and physicians.
Duties and responsibilities
(includes, but is not limited to the following):
- Greet patients in a prompt, pleasant and helpful manner.
- Check patients in and out; verify necessary information and record in the medical record.
- Process medical record requests.
- Assemble and prepare patient’s charts.
- Schedule patient appointments including re-scheduling appointments when necessary.
- Scan information and documents into patient file.
- Collect payments for services; post to patient account.
- Answer phones; retrieve and respond to patient voicemails.
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer including end-of-day balancing, inventory and balance sheet.
- Data entry including patient demographics, insurance, miscellaneous notes, payments and other related information.
- May process end-of-day batching for billing and accounting departments.
- Perform routine office tasks including filing, faxing and scanning.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required to perform the functions of this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, licensure and/or certifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- California or National Certified Medical Administrative Assistant; preferred.
- One year experience in a medical office preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of medical office procedures including insurance verification process.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation for general correspondence.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures and make any changes accurately.
- Ability to use electronic health record, basic Microsoft Office applications and general office equipment (e.g. copier, scanner, fax).
- Ability to multi-task, handle high volume phone calls, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching movements.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Requires lifting and/or pushing or pulling boxes/supplies of 20lbs, up to 40 pounds, occasionally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with patients and staff.