Applying for a job?
Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
Northern California Medical Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Position title: Medical Assistant
Clinic: NCMA Cardiology — Fountaingrove
Location: Santa Rosa, Calif.
Schedule: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
Duties and responsibilities
(includes, but is not limited to the following)
- Perform selected nursing within their scope of practice (BP, temperatures, apply bandages etc.) and administrative duties.
- Perform venipuncture, arterial and capillary punctures on patients. Identifies and labels specimens.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories and vital signs.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Prepare and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Assist physicians in preparing for minor surgeries, physicals.
- Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Screen telephone calls for referral to nurse or physician.
- Provide general information on departmental policies and procedures.
- Order and maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain patient files, records and other information.
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform related work as required.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, licensure and/or certifications
- Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- Must be a California or National Certified Clinical Medical Assistant. If state or national certification is not present at time of hire it must be completed within the first 90 days of employment.
- One year medical office experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medicines as directed.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Skill developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.