Applying for a job?
Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
Northern California Medical Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
|Position title:||Health Information Management Systems Clerk|
|Clinic/department:||NCMA Cardiology — Medical Records|
|Location:||Santa Rosa, Calif.|
|Schedule:||Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.|
Files, locates, logs, retrieves and sends medical records as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities
(includes, but is not limited to the following):
- Review medical records for completion as directed. Verify and obtain current records to assure an accurate medical record.
- Process all physician dictation and reports, files to chart, and sends to referring providers as indicated.
- Sort, file, and distribute incoming faxes and other documentation as directed.
- Sort, file, and distribute incoming mail.
- Retrieve and file miscellaneous records in to electronic medical record.
- Process all medical records release requests in compliance with privacy protection laws.
- Work with medical assistants and other staff in coordinating medical information requests.
- Update record and process certificates of deceased patients.
- Travels to the hospitals to retrieve and drop off medical records on our patients. Other driving as needed.
- Maintain current and accurate lists of all archived records. Supervise destruction of older records in compliance with company medical records retention policy.
- Document as to the disposition of the records or chart – i.e. new patient vs existing, destroyed, archived, etc.
- Fill in and assists in other medical records duties due to employee vacation and/or illness.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, licensure and/or certifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Medical records experience preferred.
- Word processing and computer experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of medical records filing systems.
- General computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of English grammar and spelling.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and physicians.
- Ability to establish and maintain proper and professional communication skills with patients, outside offices and other agencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff.