Applying for a job?
Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
Northern California Medical Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Position title: Accounting Specialist
Department: Accounting & Finance
Location: Santa Rosa, Calif.
Schedule: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger review, month- end journal entry posting, and supports the Accounting Manager and Finance Director with various other accounting duties. The position demands good organizational and communication skills, strong attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
Duties and responsibilities
(includes, but is not limited to the following):
- Process cash receipts and prepare bank deposits.
- Perform month end close tasks in a timely manner.
- Post monthly journal entries with a clear understanding of debits and credits.
- Review and analyze general ledger reports.
- Ability to assist Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Accounts Payable duties include matching, coding, posting, and review of invoices for processing and handling vendor calls.
- Accounts Receivable duties include invoicing, posting, and follow up on payments.
- Assist with 1099 reporting.
- Assist with all accounting aspects of including sales/use tax returns and business property tax returns.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement policies, procedures and systems related to company efficiency.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required to perform the functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, licensure and/or certifications
- High school diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Accounting or Finance preferred or a minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibilities in accounting/finance, with financial reporting experience.
- Five years accounting experience with emphasis in Accounting.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
- Sharp attention to detail with good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Must have intermediate level Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Strong organizational, problem‐solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending stretching and occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity to operate telephone, keyboard, calculator, copy machine and other office equipment.
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers, letters, and computer monitor.
- Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment and may involve frequent contact with staff and/or vendors.