Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Regional Front Office Services Supervisor
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: This individual is responsible for overview and supervision of patient in-flow and out-flow, patient education, collection of fees, and supervision of front office, including training, and providing a daily schedule to the physician(s) and administrator.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Practice Administrator
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Front Office Staff
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT: Duties are performed in a generally comfortable environment. Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
NATURE OF WORK: Incumbent is expected to exercise discretion within an established range, and consult management when established alternatives are not available. Verbal and written communication skills are required to convey and explain factual information. Those receiving the information may be emotional or uncooperative. Assistance may not be readily available, requiring the supervisor to resolve the conflict or diffuse tension. May be required to perform the duties of other employees in their absence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Front Desk Responsibilities
1. Prepare weekly schedules for front office.
2. Train and supervise front office staff (check-in, check-out, and scheduling).
3. Prepare monthly schedule for physicians, notifying staff of vacations, meetings, etc.
4. Manage check-in, check-out, scheduling and dictation.
5. Coordinate with Regional Back Office Services Supervisor to ensure a smoothly running office.
6. Report daily report to physician and practice administrator concerning the daily schedule, proposing solutions to any scheduling challenges and reporting on no shows.
7. Prepare status reports regarding front office performance; propose solutions to any challenges being faced.
8. Monitor inventory.
9. May provide back-up to front office staff.
1. Work with accounting to approve pending invoices in a timely manner.
2. Turn in mileage and monetary reimbursement sheets at the end of the month. Ensure staff does likewise.
3. Maintain and ensure petty cash is balanced.
4. Follow policy and procedure for operational expense approval while practicing fiscal responsibility at all times.
1. Oversee daily batch report/encounters are sent to the business office accurately, and timely. At least two people are to be trained on batch submission. Batches must be submitted to the billing office daily with the exception of offices that do not have daily courier service.
2. Ensure accuracy of payment logs. They must be balanced daily prior to submitting to the billing office.
3. Submit Rounding Sheets to the billing office in a timely manner and be aware of month end close dates.
4. Perform Accelacapture date range sweeps one to two times per week.
D. Human Resources
1. Assess staff performance. Complete a 30, 60, 90 day review on all new hires and annual/other reviews on established employees.
2. Review handbooks as applicable with new employees within one month of hire.
3. Notify Human Resources of new hires and terminated employees.
4. Understand and follow the Human Resources process of hiring, disciplining and terminating employees.
5. Monitor Web Time timesheets on a daily basis, adding any edits, request for leave within 24 hours and limiting overtime. All Web Time timesheets should be approved daily.
6. Make decisions regarding requests for time off.
7. Participate in preparing and updating front office job descriptions, participate in staff performance evaluations, and participate in compensation reviews for staff.
1. Supervise staff and oversees daily office operations.
2. Serve as positive role model.
3. Establish staff schedules, allocation of staff, and assures effective patient care.
4. Train and rotate office staff through various office duties to ensure cross coverage in all jobs within the functional area.
5. Ensure compliance with all quality programs.
6. Conduct office staff meetings regularly.
7. Monitor all pools in SRS including eRx, dictation scheduling, referrals, etc. to ensure timely management of messages.
8. Monitor patient portal messages to ensure all are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
9. Oversee inventory and ordering of office supplies.
10. Work with senior management to develop, implement, and monitor effective programs.
11. Ensure all staff meet deadlines on projects assigned i.e. annual training, license, certifications and health requirements.
12. Attend manager meetings. Disseminate information to staff within one week.
F. Environment Care Functions.
1. Oversees and maintains a safe environment for employees, patients and visitors.
2. Ensures that all emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers and emergency lights are properly maintained.
3. Completes work/repair orders in a timely manner.
4. Submits fire extinguisher and emergency logs on a monthly basis (off-sites).
5. Performs quarterly safety/emergency drills.
6. Completes and submits quarterly safety drill reports.
7. Coordinates and prepares office and staff for potential weather related disasters.
8. Communicates with corporate office for current updates and maintains an open line of communication with staff.
9. Maintain the Facility Checklist.
G. Management of medical record requests from outside sources.
1. Follows company policy and procedures for medical record release of information.
2. Forward court order request for information to privacy officer and follow privacy officer’s instructions on these requests.
3. Assures desktop of all staff are within 72 hour compliance timeline.
Perform other duties as needed
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Undergraduate degree preferred.
2. Two years’ experience in supervision of front office operations in medical practice.
3. CPT& ICD-9 coding knowledge required.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
1. Commitment to service.
2. Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
3. Professionalism, compassion, courtesy, efficiency.
4. Demonstrated skill in motivating and training.
5. Ability to master complex and changing processes.
6. Ability to multi-task and to prioritize.
7. Demonstrated computer literacy.
• Communication Skills
1. Bilingual preferred.
2. Ability to effectively interact with physicians, patients and other staff members.
3. Strong verbal and written communication.
• Technology Skills
1. Demonstrates knowledge of proper, safe, efficient usage of current office
2. Utilizes electronic health record and practice management program effectively.
3. Microsoft Office software knowledge.