Comprehensive Care for your Heart
The NCMA Cardiovascular Services staff is committed to educating our patients and providing a supportive environment throughout your recovery. To ensure a healthful and sustainable recovery, the following classes and clinics can be supplemented with follow-up appointments and home monitoring services:
- HeartWorks Cardiac Rehabilitation Center (Phase I, II, III & IV):Cardiac Rehabilitation is composed of four progressive phases which the NCMA physicians and HeartWorks specialists closely monitor patients through. Phase I includes the education and guidance the patient received while in the hospital or directly from a physician before entering the program. Phase II is a medically supervised exercise and education program (HeartWorks) designed to enhance long-term commitment to heart healthy living. This phase is for people with diagnosed cardiac disease, with or without previous myocardial infarction. Phase III builds upon the foundation of Phase II and prepares the individual for the maintenance of their own fitness program. The HeartWorks program eventually helps patients reach Phase IV of their cardiac rehabilitation, which is a long-term commitment to healthful exercise that is self-directed.
- Pacemaker and Defibrillator Clinic: Credited as the top clinic in Northern California, the pacemaker and defibrillator clinic has been established to ensure the optimal performance of a patient’s pacemaker. Regular check ups as well as distance monitoring will detect any problems in the battery or wires and guarantee smooth operation.
- Anticoagulation Clinic: This clinic was developed to intensively monitor cardiac patients dependent on anticoagulant medication; therefore, preventing untoward events such as bleeding and stroke.
- Congestive Heart Failure Clinic: This clinic has been established to provide special attention to cardiac patients prone to heart failure. The goal is to maintain optimal cardiac function on an outpatient basis, through follow up office visits and medication education and monitoring; therefore, preventing hospitalization.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic:This clinic outlines the various classifications of pulmonary hypertension as well as the treatment options available and how to maintain an active lifestyle with pulmonary hypertension.
- Lipid Clinic: This is a medically supervised program for people with lipid disorders. The program uses educational programs, weight control and exercise, and if necessary, drug therapy to lower cholesterol levels.