Applying For A Job?
Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Front Office Coordinator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides a variety of secretarial duties to physicians and other members of the clinic.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- 1. Process patient check-in and check-out to maintain smooth daily clinic flow.
- 2. Maintain patient scheduling:
3. Verify insurance coverage for patient admissions; make written and verbal inquiries to third party payers to verify insurance status and pre-certification status and to follow-up payment denials.
4. Verifying patient insurance coverage to ensure necessary procedures are covered by an individual’s provider
5. Request insurance authorization for procedures (scans, ultrasounds, etc. . .) and medication
6. Act as insurance resource to patient with questions re: benefits, assistance programs, and other payment options
7. Process incoming faxes appropriately; distribute to MA, reception and/or physician as needed.
- a. Patients referred are contacted within 1-2 weeks. Provide referring provider and patient some sense of when next available appointment is scheduled for.
- b. Maintain awareness in scheduling for the following:
- i. Offer preference for internal physician referrals
- ii. Be able to accommodate more “urgent” referrals
- iii. Not overload a given day with all diabetics (no more than 50% of total patients on most days is desirable if possible).
- c. Ensure the minimum amount of information needed for initial consultation is present for physician review prior to visit.
- d. Work with schedule to ensure available open slots are booked well in advance. Also designate some slots to accommodate those patients who have questions or more urgent needs so physician not need to address those concerns by phone.
- e. Tracking orders, and following up on Prolia/Thyrogen in particular.
- a. Request patient review previsit demographics, insurance, medication and symptom questionnaires and then update EMR with changes
9. Assist fellow office staff with addressing incoming patient telephone calls and triage appropriately according to patient need. Communicate with physician accurately and timely as to what those needs are. Schedule appointment (urgent) if needed.
- a. Patient written/provided registration documents
- b. Insurance cards
- c. Mailed lab, radiology, and other records
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of medical office procedures. Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type from draft copy, review and edit reports and correspondence. Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures and make any changes accurately. Skill in operating a computer, Dictaphone and copy machine. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
- 1. Two years’ experience in a medical office.
- 2. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- 3. Typing ability of 60 wpm. Familiarity with dictation recorder.
- 4. Word processing and computer experience.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of medical office experience.