Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Office Clerk
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing clerical and customer assistance, running errands, data processing, ordering supplies, scanning, filing, and record-keeping.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Director of Human Resources
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff at times. Work may be stressful at times. A high level of professionalism must be maintained in this role.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Develops and maintains office forms and procedures, and assists with administrative tasks.
2. Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly. Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees and others and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person, or department.
3. Operates office machines as required.
4. Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
5. Duplicates and distributes materials.
6. Composes, types, and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
7. Coordinates meetings through Outlook for Administrative staff.
8. Coordinates, sets up and cleans up for various meetings and events.
9. Maintains office supply inventory.
10. Drives and runs errands on a regular basis.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of business office procedures. Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to produce correspondence. Skill in operating a computer and copy machine. Skill in greeting customers and answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public. Ability to multi-task and stop projects to help and assist guests, office staff, and NCMA Physician’s and employees.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
1. One year work experience required, preferably in an administrative office setting.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel.
Certificate/License: Must have valid driver’s license and car insurance.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None.