Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Switchboard Operator
Reports To: Clinical Support Services Manager
Clinic: Fountaingrove Cardiology
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Summary: Operates clinic switchboard, provides routine information and directs calls to appropriate area.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Channels all incoming calls and routes calls to appropriate departments.
• Responds to emergency calls according to established procedures.
• Communicates general clinic information.
• Organizes and efficiently handles switchboard terminal.
• Maintains appropriate logs and records.
• Updates telephone directory and maintains accurate listing of all listings.
• Notifies answering service of physician(s) on call.
• Assists in care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or GED.
• Six months switchboard experience, preferably in a clinic setting.
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of switchboard and communication procedures.
• Skill in operating a communications system.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely with a pleasant telephone voice.
• Ability to handle stressful situations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff at times.