Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Appointment Scheduler
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Makes and schedules patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Scheduling Supervisor.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff at times. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Books, coordinates and reschedules patients appointments. Relays necessary messages to staff.
2. Greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant , and helpful manner. Verifies necessary information and records in the medical record.
3. Maintains and updates current information on physicians’ schedules.
4. Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information.
5. Schedules surgeries, outpatient appointments and admissions as requested.
6. Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing.
7. Attends meetings as required.
8. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of business office procedures. Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type patient information. Skill in operating a computer and photocopy machine. Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
1. One year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
3. Word processing and computer experience.
Alternate to Minimum Qualifications:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of work experience.