Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Scheduler
Clinic: Fountaingrove Cardiology
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: This is a temporary position working Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Summary: Makes and schedules patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Books, coordinates and reschedules patient’s appointments. Relays necessary messages to staff.
• Greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant, and helpful manner. Verifies necessary information and records in the medical record.
• Maintains and updates current information on physicians’ schedules.
• Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information.
• Schedules surgeries, outpatient appointments and admissions as requested.
• Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or GED.
• This position may require California Certified Medical Assistant – Administrative (CCMA – A). If required and state certification is not present at time of hire it must be done within the first year of employment. The only exception is when an employee has a CCMA – C or higher level certification.
• One year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
• Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
• Word processing and computer experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of business office procedures.
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type patient information.
• Skill in operating a computer and photocopy machine.
• Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff.