Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices. Cardiology Experience Preferred.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to clinical Nurse Manager/office manager/regional director.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
2. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
3. Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed.
4. Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
5. Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instruct patients in collection of sample and tests.
6. Arranges for patient testing and admissions.
7. Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions.
8. Maintains and reviews patients records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
9. Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed.
10. Screens and refers pharmaceutical representative.
11. Attends required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
12. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
13. Maintains patient confidentiality.
14. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedure. Ability to communicate clearly.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, pre-bachelor degree program.
Experience: One year of professional nursing experience in a clinic setting preferred.
Certificate/License: Possession of State Registered Nurse license. CPR certification.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None