Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Office Nurse (RN or LVN)
Reports To: Clinical Nurse Manager/Office Manager/Regional Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours/week), Monday – Friday
Summary: Provides professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Performs general nursing care to patients.
• Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
• Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
• Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
• Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instruct patients in collection of sample and tests.
• Arranges for patient testing and admissions.
• Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions.
• Maintains and reviews patients’ records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
• Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
• Maintains patient confidentiality.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, pre-bachelor degree program.
• Current license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
• Current CPR certification.
• One year of professional nursing experience in a clinic setting preferred.
• Cardiology Experience Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care.
• Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
• Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
• Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
• Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.