Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Regional Optical Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: This individual is responsible for administration, direction, and coordination of the ECI Regional Optical Shops.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Practice Administrator
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Optical Staff
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT: Duties are performed in a generally comfortable environment. Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
NATURE OF WORK: Incumbent is expected to exercise discretion within an established range, and consult management when established alternatives are not available. Verbal and written communication skills are required to convey and explain factual information. Those receiving the information may be emotional or uncooperative. May be required to perform the duties of other employees in their absence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Understand and comply with NCMA’s Notice of Privacy Practices, adhere to the Confidentiality Agreement, and ensure that technician performance meets doctors’ standards for quality of patient care.
A. Business Planning
1. Develops an annual business plan for the optical shop and presents it to the owners and management team.
2. Develops annual marketing plans with the management team.
3. Develops and recruits appropriate levels of staff.
4. Serves as primary interface with vendors.
5. Oversees day-to-day operations.
6. Acts as a role model in dispensing.
1. Develops and manages effective inventory control.
2. Tracks referrals and capture rate effectively.
3. Develops and communicates effective monthly reports.
4. Manages effectiveness of each optician.
5. Works with area labs to negotiate pricing and servicing.
6. Works with contact lens vendors to negotiate pricing and services.
7. Tracks and reports sales margins in aggregate and by plan.
8. Researches local and regional managed care opportunities.
9. Manages accounts payable.
10. Manages accounts receivable.
C. Human Resources
1. Assesses staff performance. Completes a 30, 60, 90 day review on all new hires and annual/other reviews on established employees.
2. Reviews handbooks as applicable with new employees within one month of hire.
3. Understands and follows the Human Resources process of hiring, disciplining and terminating employees.
4. Monitors Web Time timesheets on a daily basis, adding any edits, requests for leave within 24 hours and limiting overtime. All Web Time timesheets should be approved daily.
5. Makes decisions regarding requests for time off.
6. Participates in preparing and updating Optical job descriptions, and performance management for the Optical staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Commitment to service.
2. Professionalism, courtesy, efficiency.
3. Ability to master complex and changing processes.
4. Adaptability/openness to change.
5. Ability to work as part of a team and to work without direct supervision.
6. Ability to multi-task and to prioritize.
7. Ability to pay attention to detail.
8. Ability to benefit from instruction and to learn from errors.
9. Works accurately and efficiently in Word and Excel and ability to manage Optical POS system.
10. Demonstrates appropriate team player attitude and enthusiasm.
11. Maintains all required state licensure if applicable.
12. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
13. Flexibility/openness to change.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. College Degree preferred.
3. Business management experience of two to five years.
4. Varied optical management experience of five to ten years.
5. Experience in negotiating general business contracts with vendors.
6. Familiarity with managed vision care contracting.
7. Budgetary experience.
8. Inventory management experience.