Applying for a job?
Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
Northern California Medical Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Position title: Payment Processor
Department: Business Services Office
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Data entry of all incoming insurance, personal and credit card payments.
Duties and responsibilities
(includes, but is not limited to the following)
- Open mail and prepare daily batches for payments received.
- Daily entry of payments and adjustments from insurances, Medicare, Medi-Cal, patients.
- Review daily correspondence. Forward to Account Representatives for follow up.
- Assist in preparing and distributing deposit logs.
- Process and balance electronic remittances.
- Process checks through remote deposit machine daily.
- Take cash deposit to bank as requested.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Participate in educational activities.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality; adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Perform related work as required.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, licensure and/or certifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of billing experience in a health care organization. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of billing experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Extensive knowledge of medical billing and collection practices including insurance company payment policies and fee schedules.
- Knowledge of medical office policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of database functionality, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Skill in using computer, adding machine, and other office equipment.
- Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to read, understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stretching and occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Working in an office environment and use of a telephone required.
- Requires manual dexterity to operate keyboard, calculator, copy machine and other office equipment.
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers, letters and computer monitor.
- Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment is typical of a normal office environment.