Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Payment Processor
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Data entry of all incoming insurance, personal and credit card payments.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Payments and Contracting Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stretching and occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Working in an office environment. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Requires manual dexterity to operate keyboard, calculator, copy machine and other office equipment. Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers, letters and computer monitor. Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Open mail and prepare daily batches for payments received.
2. Daily entry of payments and adjustments from insurances, Medicare, Medi-Cal, patients.
3. Review daily correspondence. Forward to Account Representatives for follow up.
4. Assist in preparing and distributing deposit logs.
5. Process and balance electronic remittances.
6. Process checks through remote deposit machine daily.
7. Take cash deposit to bank as requested.
8. Attend meetings as requested.
9. Participate in educational activities.
10. Maintain strictest confidentiality; adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
11. Perform related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Extensive knowledge of medical billing and collection practices including insurance company payment policies and fee schedules. Knowledge of medical office policies and procedures. Basic knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, and HCPCS coding. Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines. Knowledge of database functionality, Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
Skill in using computer, adding machine, and other office equipment. Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness. Ability to read, understand, and follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbal. Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: One year of billing experience in a health care organization.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of billing experience.