Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Patient Services Representative
Clinic: Redwood Family Dermatology
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday
Summary: Provides administrative support and is the first point of contact for patients and physicians.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Greet patients in a prompt, pleasant and helpful manner.
• Check patients in and out; verify necessary information and record in the medical record.
• Process medical record requests.
• Assembles and prepares patient’s charts.
• Schedules patient appointments including re-scheduling appointments when necessary.
• Scan information and documents into patient file.
• Collect payments for services; post to patient account.
• Answer phones; retrieve and respond to patient voicemails.
• Maintain an accurate cash drawer including end-of-day balancing, inventory and balance sheet.
• Data entry including patient demographics, insurance, miscellaneous notes, payments and other related information.
• Perform routine office tasks including filing, faxing and scanning.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or GED required.
• California Certified Medical Assistant – Administrative (CCMA – A) preferred yet required where applicable.
• One year experience in a medical office preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of medical office procedures including insurance verification process.
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation for general correspondence.
• Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures and make any changes accurately.
• Ability to use electronic health record and basic Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to multi-task, handle high volume phone calls, and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching movements.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires lifting and/or pushing or pulling boxes/supplies of 20lbs, up to 40 pounds, occasionally.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with patients and staff.