Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Office Manager
Clinic: Santa Rosa and Ukiah Sleep Centers
Location: Santa Rosa and Ukiah
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
*Please note this position will oversee two offices. The primary location will be in Santa Rosa however travel to Ukiah may be required.
Summary: The Office Manager oversees patient flow and the daily operations of the medical practice.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Works with accounting to approve pending invoices in a timely manner.
• Turn in mileage and monetary reimbursement sheets at the end of the month. Ensure staff does likewise.
• Maintain and ensure petty cash and change box (es) are balanced.
• Follow policy and procedure for operational expense approval while practicing fiscal responsibility at all times.
• Oversees daily batch report/encounters are sent to the business office accurately, and timely. At least two people are to be trained on batch submission. Batches must be submitted to the billing office daily with the exception of offices that do not have daily courier service.
• Ensure accuracy of payment logs. They must be balanced daily prior to submitting to the billing office.
• Submit Rounding Sheets to the billing office in a timely manner and be aware of month end close dates.
• Perform Accelacapture date range sweeps one to two times per week.
• Assesses staff performance. Completes a 30, 60, 90 day review on all new hires and annual/other reviews on established employees.
• Notify Human Resources and IT of new hires and terminated employees.
• Understand and follow the Human Resources process of hiring, disciplining and terminating employees.
• Monitors timesheets on a daily basis.
• Supervises staff and oversees daily office operations.
• Establishes staff schedules, allocation of staff, and assures effective patient care.
• Trains and rotates office staff through various office duties to ensure cross coverage in all job areas.
• Run aged messages report weekly in SRS and follow-up with Providers and staff on outstanding messages.
• Run Meaningful Use reports once to two times a week to ensure proper data capture. Follow-up with Providers and staff to ensure completion.
• Complete PQRS forms for each Provider annually.
• Conducts office staff meetings regularly.
• Monitor patient portal messages to ensure all are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Oversees inventory and ordering of office supplies.
• Works with senior management to develop, implement, and monitor effective programs.
• Ensures all staff meet deadlines on projects assigned i.e. annual training, license, certifications and health requirements.
• Attends manager meetings. Disseminates information to staff within one week
• May be required to perform the duties of other employees, including supervisors/managers, in their absence.
• Tracking pending studies to be scored and read.
• Printing scored studies for Doctor to review.
Ensures All Staff:
• Answers telephone in a timely and polite manner, preferably within three rings.
• Routinely demonstrates superior customer service skills.
• Accurately takes messages and conveys information to the proper recipient.
• Transfers call to physicians and clinical staff when medically indicated.
• Protects patient confidentiality per policies and procedures.
• Scans information into electronic health record.
• Ensures batches are sent on time and correct.
• Be aware of all close dates
• Accurately enters procedures codes with correct diagnosis.
• Accurately reconciles charges for the day.
• Correctly prepares daily batch reports/encounters for business office.
Environment Care Functions
• Oversees and maintains a safe environment for employees, patients and visitors.
• Ensures that all emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers and emergency lights are properly maintained.
• Completes work/repair orders in a timely manner.
• Performs quarterly safety/emergency drills.
• Completes and submits quarterly safety drill reports.
Management of Medical Record Requests from Outside Sources
• Follows company policy and procedures for medical record release of information.
• Forward court order request for information to privacy officer and follow privacy officer’s instructions on these requests.
• Assures desktop of all staff are within 72 hour compliance timeline.
Primary Care Provider Offices Quality Programs
• Complete P4P annually
• Attend mandatory Webinars
• Any other programs
• This position supervises assigned staff.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High School Diploma. Undergraduate degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years medical office and management experience.
• Completion of a management training program.
• Completion of clinical training; preferably in Cardiology.
• CPT & ICD-10 coding knowledge required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bilingual preferred.
• Knowledge of medical business office management.
• Exercise discretion in selecting from established alternatives to situations which arise on the job and consult management when established alternatives are not available.
• Accurate data entry, attention to detail and customer service skills are required.
• Ability to effectively interact with physicians, patients and other staff members.
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrates knowledge of proper, safe, efficient usage of current office equipment/software.
• Utilizes electronic health record and practice management program effectively.
• Microsoft Office software knowledge preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires occasional of lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are performed in a clinic office environment and requires contact with patients and staff.