Applying for a job?
Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
Northern California Medical Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Position title: Office Manager
Clinic: Internal Medicine
Location: Santa Rosa, Calif.
The Office Manager oversees patient flow and the daily operations of the medical practice.
Duties and responsibilities
(includes, but is not limited to the following)
- Work with accounting to approve pending invoices in a timely manner.
- Turn in mileage and monetary reimbursement sheets at the end of the month. Ensure staff does likewise.
- Maintain and ensure petty cash and change box (es) are balanced.
- Follow policy and procedure for operational expense approval while practicing fiscal responsibility at all times.
- Oversee daily batch reports/encounters are sent to the business office accurately, and timely. At least two people are to be trained on batch submission. Batches must be submitted to the billing office daily with the exception of offices that do not have daily courier service.
- Ensure accuracy of payment logs. They must be balanced daily prior to submitting to the billing office.
- Submit Rounding Sheets to the billing office in a timely manner and be aware of month end close dates.
- Perform Accelacapture date range sweeps one to two times per week.
- Assess staff performance. Complete a 30, 60, 90 day review on all new hires and annual/other reviews for established employees.
- Review handbooks with new employees within one month of hire.
- Notify Human Resources and IT of new hires and terminated employees.
- Understand and follow the Human Resources process of hiring, disciplining and terminating employees.
- Monitor Web Time timesheets on a daily basis, adding any edits, request for leave within 24 hours and limiting overtime. All Web Time timesheets should be approved daily. Submit timecards for payroll by midnight on PPE.
- Supervise staff and oversee daily office operations.
- Be a positive role model.
- Establish staff schedules, allocation of staff, and assure effective patient care.
- Train and rotate office staff through various office duties to ensure cross coverage in all job areas.
- Run aged messages report weekly in SRS and follow-up with Providers and staff on outstanding messages.
- Run Meaningful Use reports once to two times a week to ensure proper data capture. Follow-up with Provider and staff to ensure completion.
- Complete PQRS forms for each Provider annually.
- Conduct office staff meetings regularly.
- Monitor all pools in SRS including eRx, dictation scheduling, referrals, etc. to ensure timely management of messages.
- Monitor patient portal messages to ensure all are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Run lab management report weekly to ensure proper follow up.
- Oversee inventory and ordering of office supplies.
- Work with senior management to develop, implement, and monitor effective programs.
- Ensure all staff meets deadlines on projects assigned i.e. annual training, license, certifications and health requirements.
- Attend manager meetings. Disseminate information to staff within one week.
- May be required to perform the duties of other employees, including supervisors/managers, in their absence.
Ensure all staff
- Answer telephone in a timely and polite manner, preferably within three rings.
- Routinely demonstrates superior customer service skills.
- Communicate with customers in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner.
- Accurately takes messages and conveys information to the proper recipient.
- Transfer call to physicians and clinical staff when medically indicated.
- Protect patient confidentiality per policies and procedures.
- Observe and practice confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Scan information into electronic health record.
- Ensure batches are sent on time and correct.
- Be aware of all close dates.
- Categorize, date and label loose medical documents.
- Accurately imports financial documents into patient’s electronic health record.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect medical office charges, post payments to receipt logs and accurately manage cash drawer.
- Accurately enter procedure codes with correct diagnosis.
- Accurately reconcile charges for the day.
- Correctly prepare daily batch reports/encounters for business office.
Environment care functions
- Oversee and maintain a safe environment for employees, patients and visitors.
- Ensure that all emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers and emergency lights are properly maintained.
- Complete work/repair orders in a timely manner.
- Submit fire extinguisher and emergency logs on a monthly basis (off-sites).
- Perform quarterly safety/emergency drills.
- Complete and submit quarterly safety drill reports.
- Coordinate and prepare office and staff for potential weather related disasters.
- Communicate with corporate office for current updates and maintain an open line of communication with staff.
- Print schedules one week ahead and coordinate appointment cancellations as needed.
- Maintain the Facility Checklist.
- Management of Medical Record Requests from outside sources.
- Follow company policy and procedures for medical record release of information.
- Forward court order requests for information to privacy officer and follow privacy officer’s instructions on these requests.
- Assure desktop of all staff are within 72 hour compliance timeline.
- Primary Care Provider Offices Quality Programs.
- Complete P4P annually.
- Attend Anthem Blue Cross meetings as scheduled.
- Attend mandatory Webinars.
- Attend Meritage meetings as scheduled.
- Any other programs.
- Responsive: Communicate timely and with results. Listen and demonstrate understanding of issue. Ask questions to gain understanding when unclear. Demonstrate follow-through. Offer solution options when available. Follow up on implementation and effectiveness of solutions. Recognize opportunities for encouragement, coaching and recognition. Create safety in dialog at all times.
- Leads by Example: Put individual interests aside for the greater good. Maintain enthusiasm and commitment. Serve as positive role model. Maintain healthy work-life balance. Admit mistakes openly. Embrace failure as an opportunity for growth. Demonstrate grace under pressure. Strive for excellence.
- Open to Change: Open to conflict and demonstrate perseverance to resolution. Encourage and accept ideas and input from all levels of the organization. Consider different points of view. Seek out, accept, and provide feedback.
- Strategic: Informed of industry and environmental trends and changes. Awareness of competition. Demonstrate measured response to changes. Broad organizational knowledge. Demonstrate initiative in shaping and supporting the organizations mission and vision.
- Integrity: Communicate respectfully and demonstrates empathy through appreciating the perspective of others. Demonstrate the courage to question potentially unethical actions or behaviors in self and others. Is open and honest in all interactions. Fiscally prudent.
- This position supervises assigned staff.
Education, licensure and/or certifications
- High School Diploma. Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years medical office and management experience.
- Completion of a management training program.
- CPT & ICD-10 coding knowledge required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bilingual preferred.
- Knowledge of medical business office management.
- Exercise discretion in selecting from established alternatives to situations which arise on the job and consult management when established alternatives are not available.
- Accurate data entry, attention to detail and customer service skills are required.
- Ability to effectively interact with physicians, patients and other staff members.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper, safe, efficient usage of current office equipment/software.
- Utilize electronic health record and practice management program effectively.
- Microsoft Office software knowledge preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Require prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Require eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Require normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Require occasional of lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Require dexterity to type 60 wpm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are performed in a clinic office environment and require contact with patients and staff.