Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Office Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Office Manager oversees patient flow and the daily operations of the medical practice. This position requires knowledge and experience in all facets of medical business office management. Accurate data entry, attention to detail and customer service skills are required.
The ideal candidate should have both Front Office and Back Office skills and experience; preferably in a cardiology office setting. He/she should have successfully completed training/certification as a medical assistant. The candidate will be required to travel between multiple locations to support each clinic in both Ukiah and Willits on a regular basis.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Regional Manager or COO
SUPERVISION EXCERCISED: Supervises assigned staff
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT: Duties are performed in a generally comfortable environment. Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
NATURE OF WORK: Job duties require exercise of discretion in selecting from established alternatives to situations which arise on the job. Employee is expected to exercise discretion within an established range, and consult management when established alternatives are not available. Verbal and written communication skills are required to convey and explain factual
information. Those receiving the information may be emotional or uncooperative. Assistance may not be readily available, requiring the manager employee to resolve the conflict or diffuse tension. May be required to perform the duties of other employees, including supervisors/managers, in their absence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works with accounting to approve pending invoices in a timely manner.
2. Turn in mileage and monetary reimbursement sheets at the end of the month. Ensure staff does likewise.
3. Maintain and ensure petty cash and change box (es) are balanced.
4. Follow policy and procedure for operational expense approval while practicing fiscal responsibility at all times.
1. Oversees daily batch report/encounters are sent to the business office accurately, and timely. At least two people are to be trained on batch submission. Batches must be submitted to the billing office daily with the exception of offices that do not have daily courier service.
2. Ensure accuracy of payment logs. They must be balanced daily prior to submitting to the billing office.
3. Submit Rounding Sheets to the billing office in a timely manner and be aware of month end close dates.
4. Perform Accelacapture date range sweeps one to two times per week.
C. Human Resources
1. Assesses staff performance. Completes a 30, 60, 90 day review on all new hires and annual/other reviews on established employees.
2. Go over handbooks with new employees within one month of hire.
3. Notify Human Resources and IT of new hires and terminated employees.
4. Understand and follow the Human Resources process of hiring, disciplining and terminating employees.
5. Monitors Web Time timesheets on a daily basis, adding any edits, request for leave within 24 hours and limiting overtime. All Web Time timesheets should be approved daily. Submit timecards for payroll by midnight on PPE.
1. Supervises staff and oversees daily office operations.
2. Be a positive role model.
3. Establishes staff schedules, allocation of staff, and assures effective patient care.
4. Trains and rotates office staff through various office duties to ensure cross coverage in all job areas.
5. Run aged messages report weekly in SRS and follow-up with Providers and staff on outstanding messages.
6. Run Meaningful Use reports once to two times a week to ensure proper data capture. Follow-up with Providers and staff to ensure completion.
7. Complete PQRS forms for each Provider annually.
8. Conducts office staff meetings regularly.
9. Monitor all pools in SRS including eRx, dictation scheduling, referrals, etc. to ensure timely management of messages.
10. Monitor patient portal messages to ensure all are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
11. Run lab management report weekly to ensure proper follow up.
12. Oversees inventory and ordering of office supplies.
13. Works with senior management to develop, implement, and monitor effective programs.
14. Ensures all staff meet deadlines on projects assigned i.e. annual training, license, certifications and health requirements.
15. Attends manager meetings. Disseminates information to staff within one week
16. Performs other duties as needed
Ensures All Staff:
• Answers telephone in a timely and polite manner, preferably within three rings.
• Routinely demonstrates superior customer service skills.
• Communicates with customers in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner
• Accurately takes messages and conveys information to the proper recipient.
• Transfers call to physicians and clinical staff when medically indicated.
• Protects patient confidentiality per policies and procedures.
• Observes and practices confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Scans information into electronic health record.
• Ensures batches are sent on time and correct.
• Be aware of all close dates
• Categorizes, dates and labels loose medical documents.
• Accurately imports financial documents into patient’s electronic health record.
• Demonstrates the ability to collect medical office charges, post payments to receipt logs and accurately manage cash drawer.
• Accurately enters procedures codes with correct diagnosis.
• Accurately reconciles charges for the day.
• Correctly prepares daily batch reports/encounters for business office.
Performs Environment Care Functions.
• Oversees and maintains a safe environment for employees, patients and visitors.
• Ensures that all emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers and emergency lights are properly maintained.
• Completes work/repair orders in a timely manner.
• Submits fire extinguisher and emergency logs on a monthly basis (off-sites).
• Performs quarterly safety/emergency drills.
• Completes and submits quarterly safety drill reports.
• Coordinates and prepares office and staff for potential weather related disasters.
• Communicates with corporate office for current updates and maintains an open line of communication with staff.
• Prints schedules one week ahead and coordinates appointment cancellations as needed.
• Maintain the Facility Checklist.
Management of medical record requests from outside sources.
• Follows company policy and procedures for medical record release of information.
• Forward court order request for information to privacy officer and follow privacy officer’s instructions on these requests.
• Assures desktop of all staff are within 72 hour compliance timeline.
Primary Care Provider Offices Quality Programs
• Complete P4P annually
• Anthem Blue Cross meetings as scheduled
• Attend mandatory Webinars
• Meritage meetings as scheduled
• Any other programs
– High School Diploma. Undergraduate degree preferred.
– Minimum of 5 years medical office and management experience and completion of a management training program.
– CPT& ICD-9 coding knowledge required.
– Attend Management Training Program
– Bilingual preferred.
– Ability to effectively interact with physicians, patients and other staff members.
– Strong verbal and written communication.
– Demonstrates knowledge of proper, safe, efficient usage of current office equipment/software.
– Utilizes electronic health record and practice management program effectively.
– Microsoft Office software knowledge preferred.5