Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Office Manager
Reports To: Regional Operations Manager/Director
Clinic: Petaluma Family Medicine & Spring Creek Family Practice*
Location: Petaluma & Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday
* This will be a float position between the Petaluma and Santa Rosa clinics.
Summary: The Office Manager oversees patient flow and the daily operations of the medical practice.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Works with accounting to approve pending invoices in a timely manner.
• Turn in mileage and monetary reimbursement sheets at the end of the month. Ensure staff does likewise.
• Maintain and ensure petty cash and change box (es) are balanced.
• Follow policy and procedure for operational expense approval while practicing fiscal responsibility at all times.
• Oversees daily batch report/encounters are sent to the business office accurately, and timely. At least two people are to be trained on batch submission. Batches must be submitted to the billing office daily with the exception of offices that do not have daily courier service.
• Ensure accuracy of payment logs. They must be balanced daily prior to submitting to the billing office.
• Submit Rounding Sheets to the billing office in a timely manner and be aware of month end close dates.
• Assesses staff performance. Completes a 30, 60, 90 day review on all new hires and annual/other reviews on established employees.
• Go over handbooks with new employees within one month of hire.
• Notify Human Resources and IT of new hires and terminated employees.
• Understand and follow the Human Resources process of hiring, disciplining and terminating employees.
• Monitors Web Time timesheets on a daily basis, adding any edits, request for leave within 24 hours and limiting overtime. All Web Time timesheets should be approved daily. Submit timecards for payroll by midnight on PPE.
• Supervises staff and oversees daily office operations.
• Establishes staff schedules, allocation of staff, and assures effective patient care.
• Trains and rotates office staff through various office duties to ensure cross coverage in all job areas.
• Run reports to ensure proper data capture. Follow-up with Providers and staff to ensure completion.
• Complete PQRS forms for each Provider annually.
• Conducts office staff meetings regularly.
• Monitor patient portal messages to ensure all are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Oversees inventory and ordering of office supplies.
• Works with senior management to develop, implement, and monitor effective programs.
• Attends manager meetings. Disseminates information to staff within one week
• May be required to perform the duties of other employees, including supervisors/managers, in their absence.
Ensures All Staff:
• Answers telephone in a timely and polite manner, preferably within three rings.
• Routinely demonstrates superior customer service skills.
• Communicates with customers in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner
• Categorizes, dates and labels loose medical documents.
• Accurately imports financial documents into patient’s electronic health record.
• Accurately enters procedures codes with correct diagnosis.
Environment Care Functions
• Oversees and maintains a safe environment for employees, patients and visitors.
• Completes work/repair orders in a timely manner.
• Submits fire extinguisher and emergency logs on a monthly basis (off-sites).
• Performs quarterly safety/emergency drills.
• Communicates with corporate office for current updates and maintains an open line of communication with staff.
Management of Medical Record Requests from Outside Sources
• Follows company policy and procedures for medical record release of information.
• Forward court order request for information to privacy officer and follow privacy officer’s instructions on these requests.
• Assures desktop of all staff are within 72 hour compliance timeline.
Primary Care Provider Offices Quality Programs
• Complete P4P annually
• Attend mandatory Webinars
• Any other programs
• This position supervises assigned staff.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High School Diploma. Undergraduate degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years medical office and management experience.
• Completion of a management training program.
• CPT& ICD-9 coding knowledge required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bilingual preferred.
• Knowledge of medical business office management.
• Accurate data entry, attention to detail and customer service skills are required.
• Ability to effectively interact with physicians, patients and other staff members.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are performed in a normal clinic office environment.