Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Office/Department Coordinator
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Assists in managing daily operations of medical office or department unit.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Office Supervisor/ Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff at times. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Plans and coordinates office or unit staff. Assumes responsibility for department or unit in absences of Supervisor/Manager.
2. Assists with establishing policies and procedures for the office or unit.
3. Identifies problems, reports them and offers suggestions for improvement.
4. Assists with data collection, reports and compilation of statistical data.
5. Works with other staff and agency representatives as assigned. Provide back-up to co-workers as needed.
6. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
7. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
8. Monitors and verifies patient eligibility for all upcoming appointments.
9. Monitors patient visits to help facilitate provider productivity and ensure insurance and authorizations are in place.
10. Address patient questions related to insurance as needed.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality.
12. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the methods and procedures of health data systems and medical records coding, classification, indexing, quality control and assessment. Knowledge of some medical technology, anatomy and physiology to assist in reviewing and developing procedures used in health data records. Knowledge of medical record regulations and laws regarding appropriate: release of information. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, patients and the public- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and decision-making. Ability to prepare and maintain detailed records, files, reports and other correspondence.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: One year of experience in a medical office.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of medical records experience.