Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Office Coordinator – Medical Assistant Department
Clinic: Fountaingrove Cardiology
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Note: This position is a lead role within our Cardiovascular division for the Medical Assistant department. One year Medical Assistant experience is preferred.
Summary: Assists in managing daily operations of medical office or department unit.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Plans and coordinates office or unit staff. Assumes responsibility for department or unit in absences of Supervisor/Manager.
• Assists with establishing policies and procedures for the office or unit.
• Identifies problems, reports them and offers suggestions for improvement.
• Assists with data collection, reports and compilation of statistical data.
• Works with other staff and agency representatives as assigned. Provide back-up to co-workers as needed.
• Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
• Monitors and verifies patient eligibility for all upcoming appointments.
• Monitors patient visits to help facilitate provider productivity and ensure insurance and authorizations are in place.
• Address patient questions related to insurance as needed.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or GED.
• This position may require California Certified Medical Assistant – Administrative (CCMA – A). If required and state certification is not present at time of hire it must be done within the first 90 days of employment. The only exception is when an employee has a higher level certification.
• One year of experience in a medical office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the methods and procedures of health data systems and medical records coding, classification, indexing, quality control and assessment.
• Knowledge of some medical technology, anatomy and physiology to assist in reviewing and developing procedures used in health data records.
• Knowledge of medical record regulations and laws regarding appropriate release of information.
• Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
• Skill establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, patients and the public.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and decision-making.
• Ability to prepare and maintain detailed records, files, reports and other correspondence.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires occasional of lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and patients.