Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Nursing Supervisor
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Assists in supervising and administering nursing services in the clinic.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Director of Operations.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Exercises general supervision over assigned nursing staff.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Consults with the Director of Operations, MD’s, and other personnel concerning administrative issues and problems. Assumes responsibility for department in absence of director.
2. Directs and supervises nursing services personnel in accordance with clinic, governmental and other regulatory standards.
3. Participates in development of departmental goals and objectives.
4. Recommends departmental policies and procedures. Updates and maintains nursing procedural manual.
5. Assists in preparation of the budget and financial reports. Compiles statistics. Reviews and approves payroll records.
6. Oversees nursing care essential to assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness.
7. Supervises patient care needs and suggests solutions to patient care crisis problems. Evaluates department performance.
8. Designs work schedules, hours and duty assignments. Assesses staffing patterns and recommends changes.
9. Assists in the selection, training/orientation and performance evaluation of departmental personnel.
10. Develops and conducts nursing educational programs to staff.
11. Maintains departmental correspondence. Compiles statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes.
12. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
13. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations. Attends conferences and workshops.
14. Maintains patient confidentiality.
15. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of management and nursing organizational theory to supervise the operation of the nursing department. Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development to train, delegate and mentor staff. Knowledge of medical safety practices and standard requirements to evaluate existing standards and implement new procedures. Knowledge of the principles of budgeting to assist in budget preparation. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing. Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations. Skill in identifying problems and researching and recommending resolutions. Skill in preparing records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgement, discretion and decision-making. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public. Ability to establish quality control standards. Ability to plan, prioritizes, organize and direct the work of others. Ability to communicate clearly.
Education: Bachelor degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: Three years professional nursing experience including one year of supervisory level experience.
Certificate/License: Possession of a State Registered Nurse license.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement.