Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner
CLINIC: Pulmonary Services
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA & Ukiah, CA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:Provides primary care to patients acting as an assistant to physicians in the clinic following established standards and practices.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Clinical Director/Office Manager/MD.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries terns weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
2. Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
3. Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
4. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
5. Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
6. Administers medications and injections according to physician direction. Sutures minor lacerations.
7. Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
8. Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
9. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
10. Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
11. Manages medical and surgical emergencies.
12. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
13. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
14. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
15. Maintains patient confidentiality.
16. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice medical care to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Ski 1 in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care. Skill in taking medical history to assess medical condition and interpret findings. Skill preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Skill in develop in and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to communicate clearly.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program.
Experience: Three years professional nursing experience in a clinic setting. Two years experience practicing in medical office environment.
1. Possession of a State Nurse Practitioner License.
2. Nurse Practitioners must be certified by one of the following organizations that are recognized as national certifying bodies:
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None