Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Medical Records Clerk 11
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Files, locates, logs, retrieves and delivers
medical records as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Department of Office
Manager/Regional Operations Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff at times. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
1. All duties described for Medical Records Clerk 1.
2. Processes all physician dictation, locates charts, makes copies, files, and mails copies to referring doctor as indicates.
3. Processes records for Deceased patients.
4. Processes all medical records release requests.
5. Maintains a current and accurate record request file of medical information.
6. Works with medical assistants and other staff in coordinating medical information requests.
7. Processes all medical forms for patients.
8. Makes the run to the hospitals and storage company to retrieve and drop off medical records on our patients.
9. Maintains current and accurate lists of all storage records.
10. Looks up all left over (missing) drop filing and dictation in the computer to determine if patient has a chart or is a hospital only patient and files the records in the appropriate chart or file cabinet.
11. Make all the necessary changes in the computer as to the disposition of the records or chart – i.e. storage, another office, hospital or procedure onlys, etc.
12. Fills in on all medical records duties due to employee vacations and/or illness.
13. Assist in training and development of medical records staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of medical records filing systems. Skill in English grammar and spelling. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and physicians. Ability to establish and maintain proper and professional communication skills with patients and outside offices and agencies.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: At least two years experience in a medical records department. Experience in performing all above examples of duties for medical records clerk 1 and 11 correctly and accurately in a timely fashion. Word processing and computer experience.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None