Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Medical Records Clerk
Reports To: Department Supervisor
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday
Clinic: Fountaingrove Cardiology
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Summary: Files, locates, logs, retrieves and sends medical records as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Reviews medical records for completion as directed. Verifies and obtains current records to assure an accurate medical record.
• Processes all physician dictation and reports, files to chart, and sends to referring providers as indicated.
• Sorts, files, and distributes incoming mail, faxes and other documentation as directed.
• Retrieves and files miscellaneous records in to electronic medical record.
• Processes all medical records release requests in compliance with privacy protection laws.
• Works with medical assistants and other staff in coordinating medical information requests.
• Updates record and processes certificates of deceased patients.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or GED
• At least two years’ experience in a medical records department.
• Word processing and computer experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of medical records filing systems.
• General computer knowledge.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff.