Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Medical Receptionist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Services as a liaison between patient and medical support staff.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Office Manager/Supervisor or Regional Operations Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff at times. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
2. Checks in patients, verifies and updates necessary information in the medical report. Assists patients with ambulatory difficulties.
3. Maintains appointment book and follows office scheduling policies.
4. Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information.
5. Files charts, coordinates lab work, physician’s reports, etc.
6. Types correspondence as directed. Sorts and delivers mail, medical records and other correspondence.
7. Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information.
8. Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
9. Attends meeting as required.
10. Performs related work as required.
11. Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of business office procedures. Knowledge grammar, spelling and punctuation to type patient information. Skill in operating a computer, copy machine. Skill in greeting patients and answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
1. Prefer one year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology.
3. Word processing and computer experience.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None