Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Medical Assistant & Front Office Combination
Reports To: Regional Operations Director
Clinic: Fountaingrove Endocrinology
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday
Summary: Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management. Provides a variety of secretarial duties to physicians and other members of the clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Performs selected nursing within their scope of practice (BP, temperatures, apply bandages etc) and administrative duties.
• Performs venipuncture, arterial and capillary punctures on patients. Identifies and labels specimens.
• Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories and vital signs.
• Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
• Performs secretarial/clerical duties including medical transcription, composition and dictation in a medical group.
• Answers routine inquiries regarding patient appointments and testing and takes messages if applicable.
• Assembles patient’s charts for the next day’s visits. Updates profiles on all patients.
• Provides support services to patients and medical staff. Schedules appointments and admissions as requested.
• Maintains appointment books for patients, meetings, travel, etc. Arranges meetings.
• Prepares charts and timetables. Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, notes, etc.
• Maintains files and assists in establishing office systems.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
• Must be a California Certified Medical Assistant – Clinical (CCMA – C). If state certification is not present at time of hire it must be completed within first 90 days of employment.
• One year of medical office experience preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Typing ability of 60 wpm. Familiarity with dictation recorder.
• Word processing and computer experience.
• Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
• Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
• Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medic ions as directed.
• Skill in taking vital signs.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Position may also require prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and patients.