Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Medical Assistant & Front Office Combination
Clinic: All Family Practice Clinics
Location: Santa Rosa and Petaluma, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday
Note: This position will float to all of our family practice clinics. Depending on which clinic needs coverage, hours could range anywhere from 7:30a-6:00p. Applicant should be ready to work front desk or back office as needed.
Summary: Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management. Provides a variety of secretarial duties to physicians and other members of the clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Performs selected nursing within their scope of practice (BP, temperatures, apply bandages etc.) and administrative duties.
• Performs venipuncture, arterial and capillary punctures on patients. Identifies and labels specimens.
• Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories and vital signs.
• Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Assists physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and/or physicals.
• Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
• Screens telephone calls for referral to nurse or physician.
• Performs secretarial/clerical duties including medical transcription, composition and dictation in a medical group.
• Prepares and processes correspondence.
• Answers routine inquiries regarding patient appointments and testing and takes messages if applicable.
• Assembles patient’s charts for the next day’s visits. Updates profiles on all patients.
• Provides support services to patients and medical staff. Schedules appointments and admissions as requested.
• Maintains appointment books for patients, meetings, travel, etc. Arranges meetings.
• Prepares charts and timetables. Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, notes, etc.
• Maintains files and assists in establishing office systems.
• Orders office supplies. Assists in the care and maintenance of office equipment.
• Performs related work as required.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
• Must be a California Certified Medical Assistant – Clinical (CCMA – C). If state certification is not present at time of hire it must be completed within first 90 days of employment.
• One year of medical office experience preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Attention to detail and flexibility is required as each clinic will have different preferences and needs.
• Typing ability of 60 wpm. Familiarity with dictation recorder.
• Word processing and computer experience.
• Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
• Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
• Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medicines as directed.
• Skill in taking vital signs.
• Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Position may also require prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
• Needs to be able to work from a sitting or standing workstation depending on location for 8 hour shift.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and patients.