Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Medical Assistant
Reports To: Office Manager/Supervisor or Regional Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Temporary Full-Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Summary: Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Performs selected nursing within their scope of practice (BP, temperatures, apply bandages etc) and administrative duties.
• Performs venipuncture, arterial and capillary punctures on patients. Identifies and labels specimens.
• Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories and vital signs.
• Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Assists physicians in preparing for minor surgeries, physicals.
• Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
• Maintains patient files, records and other information.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
• Must be a California Certified Medical Assistant – Clinical (CCMA – C). If state certification is not present at time of hire it must be completed within first 90 days of employment.
• One year medical office experience preferred.
• Preferred experience in outpatient primary care, internal medicine and/or endocrinology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
• Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medic ions as directed.
• Skill in taking vital signs.
• Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• Involves standing and walking.
• Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
• Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.