Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant (Tech)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management. Cardiology experience preferred.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Office/Manager/Tech Supervisor or Regional Operation Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Performs selected nursing within their scope of practice (BP, temperatures, apply bandages etc) and administrative duties.
2. Performs venipuncture, arterial and capillary punctures on patients. Identifies and labels specimens.
3. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories and vital signs.
4. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
5. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment or treatments, including sterilization.
6. Assists physicians in preparing for minor surgeries, physicals.
7. Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
8. Screens telephone calls for referral to nurse or physician.
9. Provides general information on departmental policies and procedures.
10. Orders and maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment.
11. Maintains patient files, records and other information.
12. Attends required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
13. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
14. Maintains patient confidentiality.
15. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards d precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medic ions as directed. Skill in taking vital signs. Skill in maintaining records and recording test results. Skill developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to communicate clearly.
Education: Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
Certificate/License: Must be a California Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. If state certification is not present at time of hire it must be done within 3 months of employment.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Medical office experience for a minimum of one year