Applying For A Job?
Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Clinic: This position will be a float between multiple clinics.
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday
Summary: Provide professional nursing care under supervision for clinic patients.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
- Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physicians during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Administers prescribed medications as directed. Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions.
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patient in collection of samples and tests.
- Arranges for patients testing and admissions.
- Formulates and updates patient care plans. Order, prepares and inspects patient charts. Post tests and examination results.
- Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including restocking of treatment areas.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Valid state license to practice practical nursing.
- CPR certified
- Six months to one year of nursing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing to provide patient care and treatment.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medications and their effects on patients.
- Knowledge of patient education principles to develop a self-care program.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precaution to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in administering a variety of treatments and medication as directed.
- Skill in using various types of equipment for examination and treatment procedures.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and writing reports.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.