Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA
JOB STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to HR Director
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The human resource Administrator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Director. This position manages the following functional areas: Recruitment, Onboarding, Leave Administration including Worker’s Compensation, and serves as a HR resource to staff and management. This position also functions as back-up to other HR functions when necessary.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 50 wpm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
2. Partners with employees and managers to ensure human resources is viewed positively throughout the organization.
3. Serves as primary full cycle recruiter for the organization; develops and maintains an employment brand for the organization.
4. Develops job descriptions.
5. Develops and administers employee Onboarding
6. Develops and administers a comprehensive leaves program including Workers Compensation.
7. Works with Safety Coordinator to support a culture of safety for the organization
8. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
9. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
10. Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures as they relate to functional areas.
11. Creates forms and templates for functional areas.
12. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
To perform effectively in this position, you must have:
Three years Human Resources experience; healthcare organization preferred not necessary. Excellent oral and written communication skills, Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with little supervision. Knowledge of correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
High School Diploma
Undergraduate degree preferred.
PHR or SPHR preferred.