Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Summary: The Human Resources Assistant provides HR-specific administrative support. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas, including but not limited to: Payroll, Safety, Recruitment and Benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Provides overall administrative and clerical support to the Human Resources Department, including appointment scheduling, new hire packets, supplies, employment verifications, and other related tasks.
• Tracks employee compliance relating to licensure, certifications, and training.
• Assists with projects and events, including but not limited to open enrollment, employee communications and company-wide meetings.
• Serves as administrative support for HR Director.
• Coordinates Manager’s Meeting
• Serves a Safety Officer for Administration
• Serves as Wellness Coordinator
• Works with standard time and attendance system.
• Compiles and prepares data for reporting.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• HR Certification a plus.
• Previous HR or Administrative experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exercises sound judgment, analytical skills and focus.
• Exercises Confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within an ambiguous, fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in providing solutions and setting priorities.
• Current with Federal and State laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate professionally at all levels.
• Effective interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
• Ability to identify problems/issues, develop and evaluate options in order to implement solutions.
• Ability to appropriately manage highly sensitive and confidential information.
• Computer literate and proficient in MS Office.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and may involve frequent contact with staff.