Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Front Office Combination
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides a variety of secretarial duties to physicians and other members of the clinic.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Office Manager/Supervisor or Regional Operations Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff at times. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Performs secretarial/clerical duties including medical transcription, composition and dictation in a medical group.
2. Prepares and processes correspondence. Answers routine inquiries and drafts letters.
3. Answers telephones, screens calls, takes messages and provides information.
4. Provides support services to patients and medical staff. Schedules appointments and admissions as requested.
5. Maintains appointment books for patients, meetings, travel, etc. Arranges meetings.
6. Prepares charts and timetables. Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, notes, etc.
7. Attends meetings and takes minutes.
8. Maintains files. Assists in establishing office systems.
9. Orders office supplies. Assists in the care and maintenance of office equipment.
10. Books, coordinates and reschedules patient appointments. Relays necessary messages to staff.
11. Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing.
12. Greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant and helpful manner. Verifies necessary information and records in the medical records.
12. Assembles patient’s charts for the next day’s visits. Updates profiles on all patients.
13. Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, meeting, etc.
14. Overseen waiting area, coordinates patient movement, reports problems of irregularities.
15. Maintains patient confidentiality.
16. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of medical office procedures. Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type from draft copy, review and edit reports and correspondence. Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures and make any changes accurately. Skill in operating a computer, Dictaphone and copy machine. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
1. Two years experience in a medical office.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology.
3. Typing ability of 60 wpm. Familiarity with dictation recorder.
4. Word processing and computer experience.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of medical office experience.