Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Front Office Combination
Clinic: Michael Lazar Urology
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Summary: Provides a variety of secretarial duties to physicians and other members of the clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Performs secretarial/clerical duties including medical transcription, composition and dictation in a medical group.
• Prepares and processes correspondence. Answers routine inquiries and drafts letters.
• Answers telephones, screens calls, takes messages and provides information.
• Provides support services to patients and medical staff.
• Books, coordinates and reschedules patient appointments. Relays necessary messages to staff.
• Greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant and helpful manner.
• Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing.
• Assembles patient’s charts for the next day’s visits. Updates profiles on all patients.
• Maintains files. Assists in establishing office systems.
• Orders office supplies. Assists in the care and maintenance of office equipment.
• Oversees waiting area, coordinates patient movement, and reports problems of irregularities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be a California Certified Medical Assistant – Administrative (CCMA – A). If state certification is not present at time of hire it must be done within the first year of employment. The only exception is when an employee has a CCMA – C or higher level certification.
• Two years’ experience in a medical office preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Typing ability of 60 wpm. Familiarity with dictation recorder.
• Word processing and computer experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of medical office procedures.
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type from draft copy, review and edit reports and correspondence.
• Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures and make any changes accurately.
• Skill in operating a computer and copy machine.
• Ability to multi-task, handle high volume phone calls, and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with patients and staff.