Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Summary: Assists in the delivery of cardiac health care and patient care management. Provides a variety of clerical services to the Electrophysiology department.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Train and orient new schedulers.
• Fax hospital orders for all cardiac procedures
• Template all physician schedules with up to date information.
• Act as a liaison between the physicians and scheduling team when manager is not available.
• Review all physician schedules in conjunction with the Clincal Support services manager to ensure accuracy for patients and physicians.
• Reviewing charts 1 week prior and day before appointment to ensure all necessary information is in the chart
• Prepping clinic charts and filing hospital procedure reports in the patient’s chart as necessary
• Coordinates scheduling of office visits, test and procedures.
• Performs clerical duties including, answering phones, and maintaining up to date physician schedule.
• Answers routine inquiries regarding patient appointments and testing; taking messages when necessary.
• Coordinates patient care with other in-office departments, i.e: nursing and device clinic.
• Coordinates and schedules all electrophysiology orders within the office as well as the hospitals.
• Processes outgoing orders for anticipated radiology and laboratory testing.
• Confirm hospital procedures with patient, also verify required testing is completed and patient is aware of any medication restrictions.
• Maintains effective communication with device representatives upon scheduling hospital procedures and with the Authorization department when scheduling tests/procedures.
• Coordinates Lovenox bridging with Nursing Department on an as needed basis.
• Processes all patient paperwork and forms relating to Electrophysiology.
• Be available to physician during hospital and clinic days to facilitate schedule.
• Act as a liaison between physician, clinic and hospital.
• May perform other duties as assigned or in the absence of co-workers.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required to perform the functions of this position.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum two years’ of medical office experience preferred.
• Minimum one year of previous physician scheduling experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Commitment to service.
• Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to master complex and changing processes.
• Ability to multi-task and to prioritize tasks.
• Demonstrated computer literacy.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and physiology.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Skill in taking vitals.
• Skill in operating a computer, copy and fax machine.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Verbal and written communication skills are required to convey and explain factual information via a professional and/or compassionate manner.
• Ability to exercise discretion within an established range, and consult management when established alternatives are not available.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires work at a computer while standing or sitting.
• Requires some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Ability to assist patients in/out of wheelchair when necessary.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and patients.