Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Echo/Nuclear Technologist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides socialized diagnostic tests for patients.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Office Manager/Regional Director of Cardiology.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Performs specialized diagnostic procedures as dictated by physicians.
2. Schedules patients. Explains procedures to assure cooperation and optimum test results.
3. Position patients. Selects appropriate transducer equipment.
4. Conducts scanning procedures using ultrasound nuclear equipment. Moves scanner over specified body area adjusts equipment to focus.
5. Makes hard copy images. Document tests.
6. Maintains equipment. Orders and stocks all supplies.
7. Prepares patients for physician, obtain vital signs and assists during examination.
8. Maintains department records, reports and files.
9. Keeps work area clean.
10. Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality.
12. Participates in staff development and educational activities.
13. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology to pinpoint area of imaging. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in operating ultrasound equipment. Skill in taking vital signs. Skill in maintaining records and recording test results. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff an the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to communicate clearly.
High school diploma. Completion of specialized course in ultrasound technology or nuclear imaging.
One-year experience as a technician.
Certificate/License: Certification in diagnostic ultra and or nuclear imaging.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None