Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Device Technician
JOB STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports Directly to the Device Nurse Supervisor
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES: Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, accountability, ownership and commitment to our community.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides cardiac device management for patients with implanted cardiac devices, according to established standards and protocols Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management. Clinical background in cardiology preferred. Cardiology device clinic experience preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 65 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Performs selected nursing within their scope of practice (BP, temperatures, apply bandages etc) and administrative duties.
2. Performs venipuncture, arterial and capillary punctures on patients. Identifies and labels specimens.
3. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories and vital signs.
4. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
5. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment or treatments, including sterilization.
6. Assists the nuclear technologist during the stress portion of their studies which includes but is not limited to informing pt of what to expect during the test, EKG prep, BP checks, continuous EKG monitoring,
7. Ability to ID various rhythms including ST changes and informing the RN when necessary.
8. Manages distant monitoring for patients with eligible devices, including Carelink, Raytel and Latitude services.
9. Hook up of event recorders and Holter monitors.
10. Performs cardiac device interrogation for implanted diagnostic loop recorders, pacemakers, internal cardiac defibrillators, and heart failure resynchronization devices based on established guidelines.
11. Observes, records and reports condition of device, current medications and overall condition.
12. Provides patient family education regarding all aspects of cardiac device therapy.
13. Appropriately seeks help from device company representatives for clinic coverage as needed.
14. Maintains communication with device company personnel and physicians regarding specific patient device issues.
15. Manages computerized patient data base including status reports, return intervals, missed appointments and active/inactive list.
16. With assistance from device company techs, maintains various device programmers.
17. Maintains supplies and education materials.
18. Attends device company education and product update meetings.
19. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
20. Maintains patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations.
21. Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
22. Screens telephone calls for referral to nurse or physician.
23. Provides general information on departmental policies and procedures.
24. Orders and maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment.
25. Maintains patient files, records and other information.
26. Attends required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
27. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: Completion of each device company’s training program.
Experience: Previous care of cardiac patients preferred.
Certificate/License: CPR Certification. ACLS Certification. Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants.