Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Dermatology Tech
Clinic: Redwood Family Dermatology
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm
Summary: Assist providers with patient care including process prescriptions, patient follow-up, wound care and suture removal, rooming patients and procedure setup. Create an atmosphere that reflects the level of standards and care that patients can expect to receive from the clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Assist providers with patient care.
• Document reason for patient visit, medical history, prescriptions, and other relevant information in patient chart.
• Provide patient education regarding procedure and any pertinent diagnosis and/or treatment.
• Obtain informed consent prior to any procedures.
• Completion of appropriate paperwork for prescriptions, lab slips, ipledge, referrals, surgery notes.
• Set up for procedures such as biopsy, liquid nitrogen, cosmetic fillers, and patch tests.
• Assist with surgeries, biopsies, Mohs and suture removal.
• Assist patients with prior authorization for medications; provide appropriate documentation as requested by insurance.
• Conducts: NBUVB, puva, suture removal, iontophoresis, injections, blood draws, topical numbing, bluelight, wound check, phototherapy and other related procedures.
• Record biopsies in path book, ensuring all information is complete.
• Prefill lidocaine syringes and stock rooms; clean, sterilize and re-pack instruments as needed.
• Maintain clean rooms at all times; wash and fold laundry.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required to perform the functions of this position.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or GED
• Graduate from accredited Medical Assisting Program
• Must be a Certified Derm Tech. If certification is not present at time of hire it must be done within the first 6 months of employment.
• California Certified Medical Assistant – Clinical (CCMA – C) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA).
• Previous medical office experience preferred although not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of medical and/or dermatology office procedures.
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation for general correspondence.
• Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures and make any changes accurately.
• Skill in operating a computer and copy machine.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged standing and working on your feet (70 – 90% of the day).
• Requires work at a computer while standing or sitting (30 – 80% of the day).
• Requires some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Ability to lift supply boxes and laundry baskets – max 50lbs.
• Ability to pull/push supply cart as needed to restock rooms.
• Ability to pull/push bluelight and laser equipment, wheelchairs, patient chairs as needed.
• Ability to assist patients in/out of wheelchair when necessary.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exposure to skin tissue and blood when assisting with surgeries and biopsies. Occasional encounters with elderly patients who are incontinent and chair/table will need to be cleaned. Occasional encounters with a patient that is infected with lice or scabies.