Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Department Supervisor – Cardiovascular Medical Assistants
Clinic: Fountaingrove Cardiology
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
This position is a supervisor within our Cardiovascular division for the Medical Assistant department.
Summary: The Department Supervisor oversees the daily operations of their department.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Assists the Manager in developing and implementing departmental policies and procedures.
• Advises Manager of problems and concerns in the department.
• Compiles data and prepares reports.
• Performs error resolutions requiring independent judgment.
• Assists with budget and/or financial report preparation.
• Supervises assigned personnel. Assists in training, orientation and performance evaluation.
• Answers the telephone, screens calls and directs to proper source. Responds to inquiries.
• Follows established policies and procedures.
• Assists in care and upkeep of department equipment and supplies.
• Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
• Maintain confidentiality in regard to patient account status.
• Performs related work as required.
• This position exercises supervision over assigned staff.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• Associate degree preferred.
• California Certified Medical Assistant – Clinical (CCMA – C) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) preferred.
• One year in a supervisory or lead position required.
• Minimum of one year clinical Medical Assistant experience preferred.
• Minimum of two years medical office experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency in accounting and ability to use computer automated accounting systems.
• Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
• Knowledge of medical office procedures.
• Knowledge of coding.
• Knowledge of insurance company operating procedures.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to solve problems and correct errors.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and the public.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff.