Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Coding Manager
Department: Billing Services Department
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday
Summary: Manages all aspects of the coding department.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Manages work activities and functions of coding staff.
• Helps staff establish deadlines for work assignments and completion. Monitors work status and progress.
• Identifies, analyzes and resolves work problems.
• Assists in the recruiting, hiring and development of coding staff.
• Applies appropriate CPT-4, ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPCS and modifiers following coding guidelines.
• Utilizes correct coding practices to file clean claims aiding in improved cash flow.
• Provides feedback to physicians related to documentation issues and/or revenue opportunities.
• Ensures all services are accounted for and billed.
• Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
• Code all documented professional services and submit for billing.
• Ensure coded services, provider charges and medical record documentation meet appropriate guidelines or standards.
• Utilize appropriate methods to ensure all documented professional services are submitted timely.
• This position oversees assigned staff.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• College degree preferred
• CPCC required
• Previous experience in a medical billing coding department.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of medical records coding procedures.
• Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure to answer correspondence and prepare reports.
• Skill in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
• Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
• Ability to deal with patients, medical and administrative staff and the public effectively.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to use electronic health record and basic Microsoft Office applications.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged standing or sitting.
• Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching.
• May require lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
• Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols.
• Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones and photocopiers.
• Requires normal vision range and the absence of color blindness.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment.