Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Summary: The Clinical Applications Specialist provides support to physicians and other clinical users of Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) and will participate in system troubleshooting, issue reporting, workflow analysis, system design, configuration, testing, user education and the implementation of new systems and upgrades. He/she will provide go-to support for clinical issues and questions received by the IT Help Desk. The Clinical Applications Specialist stays current on system changes and updates; identifies trends in issue tracking system; proactively addresses user questions and offers support where needed to promote the efficient use and adoption of HIMS. The Clinical Applications Specialist functions relatively autonomously and makes independent decisions to address issues that arise.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Works collaboratively with IT when needed to find resolution with assigned problem tickets and the diagnosis of application errors.
• Assists in the development of company policies and procedures supporting best practices as it relates to HIMS and clearly communicates these to users and physicians.
• Uses a variety of media to share documentation and communications.
• Provides support in troubleshooting situations where product and clinical expertise is required. Provides clinical customer support by interfacing with clinical staff and troubleshooting with HIMS vendors when needed.
• Actively promotes systems standardizations and evidence-based practices.
• Collaborates closely with, and acts as a liaison between administrative leadership and staff, to provide utilization/process knowledge of HIMS.
• Trains, educates, and instructs clinical users on features, operation, and use of clinical applications as it relates to maintaining efficient work-flows among physicians and staff.
• Supports and influences back-end set up of Smart Workflows/Flex Data, InteliChart portal implementation, CPOE implementation and coordination with 3rd party vendors (SRS, ChangeHealth, Quest, LabCorp, Redwood MedNet).
• Contributes to the streamlining of SRS tabs/drawers, lab trending module, eRx upgrades and forms/templates creation and support as assigned.
• Serves as a key participant on the optimization committee and other committees and/or work groups as assigned.
• Participates in standing NCMA/SRS bi-weekly calls
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High School graduate
• Successful completion of a post-high school education in general business or a healthcare related field.
• Three (3) years of recent experience working within a clinical setting in a role requiring collaborative working relationships with multiple clinical disciplines.
• One (1) year experience working with HIM systems is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have significant background with the functionality of HIM system(s) as well the ability to provide training and education to all staff.
• Exceptional communication skills to interact positively with all customers.
• Must have aptitude for information systems and system thinking.
• Strong organizational, presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Professionally motivated.
• Prior knowledge of PCs, Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with clinical software applications and order entry within a clinical setting preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment; involves frequent contact with staff and may be fast paced at times.