Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Charge Batch Specialist
Reports To: Supervisor and/or Regional Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Summary: Gathers charge information, codes, and submits all office and non-office charges to the Billing Office in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Researches all information needed to complete billing process including obtaining charge information from physicians, and obtaining eligibility information from the patients or facilities.
• Reports changes in insurance coverage which may affect financial classes, particularly during OB benefit verification.
• Applies CPT-4, ICD-9/ICD-10, HCPCS and modifiers following coding guidelines guideline through AccelaCapture, if required.
• Ensures all services are accounted for and billed through AccelaCapture, if required.
• Code all documented professional services and submit for billing guideline through AccelaCapture, if required.
• Utilizes appropriate methods to ensure all documented professional services are submitted timely through AccelaCapture, if required.
• Assists with coding and error resolution.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or GED
• One year of billing experience in a health care organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of billing practices, and clinic policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies.
• Knowledge of medical records coding procedures.
• Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
• Ability to work effectively with patients and co-workers.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires sitting for long periods of time.
• Working in an office environment.
• Some bending and stretching required.
• Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
• Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols.
• Requires normal vision range and the absence of color blindness.
• Requires eye-hand coordination.
• May require lifting up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and patients.