Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Charge Batch Specialist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Gathers charge information, codes, and submits to the Billing Office in a timely manner all office and non-office charges. Understand and comply with NCMA’s Notice of Privacy Practices, adhere to the Confidentiality Agreement,
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Supervisor.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard. Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires normal vision range and the absence of color blindness. Requires eye-hand coordination. May require lifting up to 50 pounds.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Researches all information needed to complete billing process including obtaining charge information from physicians, and obtaining eligibility information from the patients or facilities.
2. Reports changes in insurance coverage which may affect financial classes, particularly during OB benefit verification.
3. Applies CPT-4, ICD-9/ICD-10, HCPCS and modifiers following coding guidelines guideline through AccelaCapture, if required.
4. Adheres to official coding guidelines.
5. Utilizes correct coding practices to file clean claims aiding in improved cash flow.
6. Ensures all services are accounted for and billed through AccelaCapture, if required.
7. Provides feedback to physicians related to documentation issues and/or revenue opportunities.
8. Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
9. Code all documented professional services and submit for billing guideline through AccelaCapture, if required.
10. Utilizes appropriate methods to ensure all documented professional services are submitted timely through AccelaCapture, if required.
11. Assists with coding and error resolution.
12. Assists with answering the telephone and provides information as requested, from within the company or directly with patients,
13. Participates in educational activities.
14. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
15. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of billing practices, and clinic policies and procedures. Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies. Knowledge of medical records coding procedures. Skill in using computer and calculator. Skill in English grammar and spelling. Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness. Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions. Ability to work effectively with patients and co-workers. Ability to communicate clearly.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: One year of billing experience in a health care organization.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of billing experience.