Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM)
Clinic: Women’s OBGYN
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Summary: Provides primary care to patients with obstetrical needs.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Obtains complete medical, family and obstetrical history and physical data on OB patients. Reviews patient records.
• Provides antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum care to patients.
• Performs exams and records findings. Assesses patients and prepares a plan of care.
• Orders, evaluates and reviews appropriate laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures.
• Participates in labor and delivery coverage.
• Administers medications. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
• Provides immediate care to the newborn child.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required to perform the functions of this position.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• License of a registered nurse with CA certificate to practice nurse-midwifery.
• One year of professional nursing experience in an OB setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of nurse midwifery and medical management to give and evaluate patient care.
• Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer obstetrical care.
• Knowledge of anatomy to perform complete obstetrical physical examinations.
• Knowledge of normal and abnormal physiology and psychology of well women and parturient including labor and delivery.
• Knowledge of obstetrical pharmacology.
• Knowledge of dietary patterns to maintain health during pregnancy.
• Skill in taking medical history, assessing medical condition and interpreting findings.
• Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
• Ability to recognize deviation from normal during pregnancy.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
• Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
• Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
• Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.