Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides medical nutrition therapy services to patients and/or families including assessment of nutritional status, nutrition care planning, counseling and evaluation. Interacts with other health care team members in information exchange for planning and delivering appropriate patient care. Provides patient, staff and community education. Practices under the guidelines of the ‘Standards of Practice and Standards of Professional Performance for Registered Dietitians in Diabetes Care’ published by the Academy of Nutrition and Diabetics.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Counsels individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits and how to control blood sugar levels.
2. Educates individuals and communities by assisting in the management of diabetes.
3. Assesses nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
4. Provides quality medical nutrition therapy based on patient expectations and needs.
5. Works collaboratively with clinical team, communicates, coordinates, monitors and documents plan of care with short and long term goals.
6. Demonstrates good written and verbal communications skills. Effectively documents patient care needs using EMR.
7. Assists with patient statistical data collection as needed by supervising physician.
8. Conducts thorough individualized, age-specific, nutrition assessments.
9. Attends required team meetings and participates in committees as requested.
10. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality.
12. Performs related work as required.
13. Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Word and basic computer skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of nutrition standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Food and Nutrition or Dietetics. Maintains active status of Registered Dietitian.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Food and Nutrition or Dietetics
Experience: A minimum of one year of experience in care of people with diabetes. Preferably working in a CDE capacity.
Certificate/License: Certification by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (CDE). CPR certification.